[78-L] ^typewriter factory closes - URGENT PLEA [fwd]

Doug Duncan d_duncan at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 29 01:36:50 PDT 2011

On 29/04/2011 06:27, Mike Harkin wrote:
> Thannks to all who replied.  Will try the Offfice Max when I finish inbox,
> but so far it looks like re-inking - messy as it surely is, is going to be the only alternative.
>
> Which means searching for a supply of stamp pad ink.  I hope THAT  doesn't turn into another wild goose chase!
>
> Mike in Plovdiv
>
> --- On Thu, 4/28/11, Ron L'Herault<lherault at bu.edu>  wrote:

I really can't believe that re-inking is the only (or even the best) answer.

Unleash the power of the internet and you can find most things.

I made a quick , uninformed, search and found this as a hit for a site
that deals with fabric ribbons and particularly states that 'Hard to
Find' ribbons.

http://www.wardirect.com/?gclid=CJeFgrqmwagCFQoZ4QodNQw_pQ

Here , also, or alternatively is a Pelikan 13mm ribbon. That can be
bought from Ryman but being a reputable German manufacturer must also be
available somewhere nearer to you.

http://www.ryman.co.uk/1330012060/Pelikan-Typewriter-Ribbon-1001FN/Product?extcam=agg_gps_prod_feed_pf&istCompanyId=724692e0-2f99-4874-9565-6fc82074fe86&istItemId=pxxrilt&istBid=t

Let's not re-invent the wheel unless it really becomes necessary.

rgds,

Doug