[78-L] ^typewriter factory closes - URGENT PLEA

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Thu Apr 28 12:46:23 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

On Apr 27, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Michael Biel wrote:

> ...This might be good on Office Depot, a six-pack of black/red nylon
> ribbons for $12.49
>   http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/796896/Porelon-BR80C-6-
> RedBlack-Replacement-Nylon/

Unfortunately, those are intended for printing calculators and don't
properly fit typewriters. I tried some when I couldn't source red/
black ribbons for my trusty machine. They are shorter than regular
typewriter ribbons, though the same width, and lack the little
eyelets that operate the auto-reversing mechanism in most machines.

I finally scored some red/black ribbons direct from Royal:

http://www.royalsupplies.com/Royal-Supplies/013013-Black-Red-Nylon-
Typewriter-Ribbon.html

Should fit most machines -- standard 1/2-inch (13 mm) width.

Take care,

Joe
—
Poof read? Why brother?