[78-L] ^typewriter factory closes - URGENT PLEA

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Apr 27 23:33:53 PDT 2011

On 4/28/2011 1:58 AM, Mike Harkin wrote:
> I have typewriters I bought when I came here 16+ years ago, which now mainly are used for typing up labels and parallel-issue 78 numbers for my CD purchases.  The problem is, I can no longer get ribbons for them.  I bought the last two ribbons in Bulgaria one for latin alphabet and one for cyrillic alphabet

I did not realize that the different alphabets required different
ribbons!! :-)
>   a couple of years ago, and both ar pretty dry by now.
>
> If anybody knows a stash of ribbons and can get some that are 13mm by +/- 8m I would be MOST grateful!  Reimbursement for ribbons and post/pack by
> check on my US bank.
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> Mike in Plovdiv

I assume you mean cloth ribbons, not carbon film ribbons.  I've seen
one-size-fits-all nylon ribbons, but the Staples,com website has you
look up the ribbons by make and model and what I see are special
cartridge film ribbons, not cloth ribbons on spools.
http://www.staples.com/Typewriter-WP-Ribbons/cat_SC40?cmSearchKeyword=typewriter+ribbons#brandId=27301

This might be good on Office Depot, a six-pack of black/red nylon
ribbons for $12.49
  http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/796896/Porelon-BR80C-6-RedBlack-Replacement-Nylon/

Office Max has an all black ribbon for 4.99
http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=ARS23678&history=u8274gyy|prodPage~15^freeText~typewriter+ribbons^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^param~return_skus^return_skus~Y

Search thru these sites, but surely you might find a similar site
somewhere in Europe.  I had forgotten the variety of specialized film
ribbons that only fit on one machine.  It is more complicated than
phonograph needles!!!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com