[78-L] ^typewriter factory closes

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 27 09:16:59 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 08:41 -0700, Rodger Holtin wrote:
+AD4 I sent an mp3 of Leroy Anderson's +ACI-The Typewriter+ACI to my wife this morning for Secretaries Day and she sent this back.
+AD4 http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/04/last-typewriter-factory-in-the-world-shuts-its-doors/237838/
+AD4
+AD4 The 78 connection is G+ACY-T, of course, and they are no both obsolete.

Also, both the spring-powered acoustic gramophone and the manual
typewriter apparently had a longer life in India than anywhere else.
This last typewriter factory was in Mumbai, still servicing a dwindling
market there.

MS