[78-L] Beack Boys 78s - Cryptic Inscriptions in Runout Area

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 15:34:45 PDT 2011

I tried posting this a few days ago, and it timed
out and finally bounced back today.   78online
isn't one of the domains hosted by Amazon, is it?

Anyway, here goes again:

I got my copy of the Beach Boys 78s today, and the first
thing that caught my attention (after the disappointment
of realizing they're microgroove) is that each one has a
"pithy saying" scribed into the runout area, as follows:

Good Vibrations - "Jump in the pig pen"
Heroes and Villains - "Next time I'll take my shoes off"

G.V. Early Take - "Hit the dirt, do two and a half"
H&V Alternate Take - "Next time I'll leave my hat off"

Does anyone know what the significance of these might me?
I'm also intrigued that the labels say "Originally released
1990."  As 78s?

David Breneman         david_breneman at yahoo.com