[78-L] inter-aural level differences

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 20:37:44 PDT 2011

That's an interesting comment regarding Fred Waring and the Victors he recording
he made in the '20s.
I used to have a number of those records but I don't recall that particular
recording.The closest thing I
ever heard to a "live recording" were many of the late '20s recordings on OKeh
circa 1927-28 such as
"Three Blind Mice" by Bix and a forgotten tune on a red label OKeh called
"Gorgeous" by a group cal-
led "The OKeh Melodians".I've never heard any Victors with that kind of
clarity.My original copy of
"From Monday On" by Whiteman was fairly good for its time.