[78-L] Obit: Orrin Tucker

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Apr 22 09:13:25 PDT 2011

> On 4/22/2011 12:06 PM, Taylor Bowie wrote:
>>
>> Interesting that at this point in time, Peter Duchin has been leading a
>> band
>> for some fifty years...three times longer than his dad had a band.
>>

> It's also 8 or 9 years longer than his dad lived.
>
> dl

I would highly recommend Peter Duchin's autobio as well...I recall it's
called "A Ghost of a Chance."   Fascinating look at his childhood and his
life,  and the difficult relationships he had with those who took care of
him after the death of his parents.    There is also a lot of interesting
info about Peter's days in Paris,  jamming with people like Allen Eager and
others.  A very good book.

Taylor