[78-L] Climax Double Disc Records

Craig Ventresco craigventresco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:06:44 PDT 2011

True about the early Climax(Globe) records (from 1901) becoming Columbia
records (with the same serial #)...The record you found is a later
double-sided Climx record--all of these are Columbia client records, just
like Standard, Oxford, D+R, Aretino and United. While some of these client
labels (like Aretino, Busy Bee or Oxford) used not only Columbia masters but
also those from Leeds-Catlin or American, all Climax double-sided  issues
are from Columbia masters. They turn up more frequently than the single
sided Globe Climax records. Climax issues often times had different
couplings than the Columbia counterparts.