[78-L] Beardsley's work and the associated site and other assorted musings

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 10:38:09 PDT 2011

I was looking at the site associated with Beardsley's work, http://www.musicpreserved.org.uk/index.php ... and realized that I have a BUNCH of stuff that they would be interested in... 80 or 90 reels of VERY GOOD WFMT live performance airchecks with some documentation (on old-school hand-typed 3x5 cards in a little cardfile box).

When I tried to go to their site to offer copies of the recordings, it looks like their feedback/comment page has been spam-bombed... and I would SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND NOT clicking on their feedback link!  I had to re-install FireFox after a corruption of my XSS stylesheets, making both IE and FF useless.

Anyways... I have these tapes and all this equipment... which brings me to another point... how does one get gainful employment as an archivist/transferer of material, etc?  Libraries around here demand 'academic library experience' (I had an application for Digital Project Facilitator at Denver University shot down because of that, not to mention it was dealing with printed-material archiving using Fedora and Fez...)... howabout an archive that could use someone with a good ear, knowledge of the music, and how to meld analog source material into the digital age?  Dream job, or just a dream... I'm available (and it beats working 3 night a week at the stop-n-rob)!

Brad