[78-L] Goldkette "I Didn't Know" alternate??

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 13:42:12 PDT 2011

The master that was released on LPM 2323 has a peculiar sound that lasts for
about the first 1/3 of the recording, attributed to some kind of defect on
the master itself....at least, that is what was stated was the reason it
wasn't released on record in the day.  Can anyone here explain what the
defect really is?