[78-L] Goldkette "I Didn't Know" alternate??

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Apr 19 10:47:09 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Was just browsing YouTube and came across:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mojoman4147#p/u/132/z6k0Nn4mVOY

Purports to be an alternate take of Jean Goldkette's "I Didn't Know."
Problem is, it also states "Not available in your country" [USA]. Can
someone who can see this confirm that it is or isn't an actual
practicing alternate take? (and if so, I'd like to arrange to get a
copy of it)

According to EDVR, the take breakdown of matrix B 31206 is:

-1 Destroyed
-2 Master (first issued on RCA Victor LPM-2323; no 78 issue)
-3 Destroyed
-4 Hold
-5 Hold

If an alternate did actually exist, it would have to be -4 or -5, and
Bix isn't on those takes. "Bix--Man And Legend" reports that he was
on only the first two takes. (EDVR also states for take 2, "Victor
ledgers: 'N. L.'" -- which can only mean "Not Listed.")

Take care,

Joe
--
"If cats are 'pets' and people are 'masters' why am I the one
standing here with a Pooper Scooper?"--Karl Knox (1960-2005)