[78-L] Beach Boys 78s

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Apr 18 18:13:15 PDT 2011

Our first stereo unit was made by Webcor. My father traded his cousin for it. To get it, he had to give up a broken-down 1959 Hillman and our old swing set. I think the swing set outlasted the other two items. For some reason that I can't recall, I was under the impression that you couldn't play stereo records with a monaural needle because it would ruin the grooves. So the Webcor was used for our stereo LPs and we played all of our mono 45s and LPs on a Garrard RC 88, which I still have. I was 10 so what did I know?

Cary Ginell