[78-L] Beach Boys 78s

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Apr 18 16:29:35 PDT 2011

On 4/18/2011 7:06 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> Of course. The target audience in those days listened to AM radio and
> played 45's on little portable phonos. Dad had the big HI-Fi unit
> downstairs and he would not allow that "crap" to play on his equipment.
> Ask me. I was there.

I was there too, and starting in 1959 when I was 13 when I bought a
record I ALWAYS got the stereo LP if it was available.  *I* was the one
in my family who had the big hi-fi unit, but my sister had gotten a
Columbia stereo portable with detachable speakers a few months before I
got my stereo turntable for my system, and she also was buying pop
stereo LPs rather than mono if they were available.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com