[78-L] George Formby on the other side of the pond

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Apr 18 09:29:12 PDT 2011

Surprisingly, for as much ukulele picking as Formby did, he did
virtually no Hawaiian material. In fact I can't think of one Hawaiian
tune he recorded.
Arthur Godfrey was another such artist, although he did record 4 and a
half 78s of Hawaiian style material. The half is one tune out of 3 or 4
he recorded asd part of a medley. Godfrey was very active in the
promotion of Hawaii and donated chunks of money to Hawaii, for one
public work or another, over his career.
Mal

*******