[78-L] building a phase converter box

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sat Apr 16 11:38:37 PDT 2011

On 4/16/2011 1:18, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> ...I am going to take an old Switchcraft No. 668 Stereo selector box,
> open
> it up and do some surgery on it to make an inline phase converter.

'fraid this won't work as planned. I discovered that the sockets are
riveted into the metal case, making reversal impossible. Instead I will
try to use the switch in reverse, using the output as an input, using
two ins as outputs. One output will have a normal set of RCA cables, the
other will have a set with one line reversed. I can then use a pair of
wyes to hook them into the phono input at the amp. Might it work to
short the hots of the latter wires together or should I just use the
mono button on the amp?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.