[78-L] Paul Specht with Sylvester Ahola, was Re: The original U-tube...

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Mon Apr 11 13:09:28 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

simmonssomer wrote:

> I can provide the following Specht sides with Ahola in the band.
>
> 1/14/26  "Take This Rose"
>               "Drifting Apart"           -
>               "Static Strut"
<snip>

According to a recent article in the IAJRC Journal, "Static
Strut" (Columbia 627-D) was actually recorded 1 April 1926. The
issued take is Take 5. (Listening to it now. I find it on-pitch at
78.00 rpm, for what that might be worth.) Does someone have the
Columbia book handy to shed more light on this?

"Station C-O-L!"

Take care,

Joe
—
Cats: I've got 'em right where they want me.