[78-L] Live comedy

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Apr 7 21:42:43 PDT 2011

I have early spoken comedy on 78s by such folks as Borge, Stanley Holloway, Amos & Andy, Douglas Byng, Alec Templeton, Weber & Fields, Reginald Gardiner, Nat. M. Wills, Cal Stewart (Uncle Josh), Senator Ford, Ada Jones, Benny Rubin, Sam Levenson, Bob Hope, and a few others. As far as live audience stand-up, there wasn't much on 78 - most of it was recorded in a studio. None of Borge's later Columbia stuff ("Comedy in Music" and after) appeared on 78.

Cary Ginell