[78-L] Most disgusting place in your record searches

Graham Newton gn at audio-restoration.com
Wed Apr 6 09:27:24 PDT 2011

David Lennick wrote:

> One of the worst cases was that of a collector who'd died in his car because
> his house was literally uninhabitable, filled with records and films and
> magazines. The basement had flooded the year before. It wasn't disgusting by
> the time collectors were admitted, but it had taken 3 months for his daughter,
> her husband and two family friends to fill 6 dumpsters with the ruined stuff.

And I have pictures of the place!  Unbelievable... like the worst of the
HOARDERS episodes you see on the TV show!

BUT WAIT... David didn't mention the absolute FUG (look that up in your Funk &
Wagnalls) that developed in the "blue box" he had at his previous residential
property... a full sized seagoing container mounted on concrete blocks.  On a
summer evening with the doors open, you could smell it entering his driveway
off Altona Road!

(I have pictures of that also!)

... Graham Newton

--
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.