[78-L] Some decent country 78s at half price books, Tacoma, Wa

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 19:55:35 PDT 2011

Since I collect Country, I check Half Price when I'm there. Perhaps two
hundred records there now (near Tacoma Mall). Exceptional finds removed, but
there are still Wilf Carter, Hank Snow, Western Swing, Red Foley and the
like are at fifty cents apiece. Some have higher prices on label, but
they've now got a sign, "All 78 records for 50 cents."

Most in excellent condition. Some 78 albums, too.

Also, in a back room for fifty cents to two bucks there are some finds at
Golden Oldies in Seattle, on 45th. Last week I left Delmore Brothers, some
West Coast country labels (Walter Shrum) and others because I had the
records.

df