[78-L] Question 1812 Overture

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 2 16:39:32 PDT 2011

Oh..one odd thing Remington did was turn out a full price "prestige" label
called Masterseal. The recordings were no better at $6 than they were at $2 and
in at least one instance, it was exactly the same LP (Fritz Busch conducting a
couple of symphonies). The Masterseals were pressed by RCA and came in a padded
gatefold album, but with no inner sleeve or raised edges, so they always turn
up scratched and dusty.

dl