[78-L] Paul Mawhinney collection

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 28 14:47:18 PDT 2011

At 21:35 28/03/2011, you wrote:

>Anybody have $3 million lying around?

OHNONOTHIMAGAIN!

One of the most over-rated self-important accumulators of records
anywhere, he's been trying to hawk this overpriced stash for a few
years now. I had shopped at his store when it located above the post
office on McKnight in Pittsburgh. The CD Jewel Cases all add these 2
inch x 2 inch yellow stickers on them that you could not even remove
with acid! and if memory serves, he values his OOP vinyl at a min of
$5, plus $1 for every year old it was.

I have to wonder how much of his stuff was a) received as freebies as
a record dealer, and b) bought at wholesale prices as store stock