[78-L] WKRC Western swing festival on now!

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 15:45:15 PDT 2011

On the subject of Western Swing,I once owned a 78 of Milton Brown issued on
Montgomery
Ward.I got it from an uncle of mine fifty years ago with a filing cabinet full
of records that inclu-
ded some big band and a number of Bob Wills OKehs.What label did Milton Brown
record for?
I read "San Antonio Rose" several years ago.It was a great book;I should order a
copy of it for
myself.Somehow,Brown recording for RCA comes to mind but I could be mistaken.I
know that
Wills cut a couple of sides for Victor before he had that long string of hits
for ARC and Columbia.