[78-L] WKRC Western swing festival on now!

Peter Schow p.schow at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 13:20:10 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 02:19:14PM -0400, simmonssomer wrote:
> I'm grateful to this station and to the University that sponsors, what to
> most of the metro audience amounts to esoterica.
> Long Live WKCR.

Likewise.

When Buck Owens died, WKCR played twelve straight hours of Buck.  No
other USA broadcasting radio station of any type did anything close to this,
and WKCR's action is even more significant because of their NYC metro
reach.  Their annual Country Music festival over three days (like is
going on now) is something that I look forward to every year.  Yes,
they run on student labor of course but they have some savvy music
directors that understand and value American music.