[78-L] Another Miller Ghost

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 09:59:17 PDT 2011

That is not Moe Purtill at the drums on that clip.. He was present on all
known studio, line and aircheck performances of "Glen Island Special"
by the real Miller band.  Studio 7/26/39/ ; Aircheck Baltimore 9/5/39/ ;
Meadowbrook Ballroom 11/25/39,;   Cafe Rouge 1/6/40, ;  Chesterfield
Broadcast 1/24/40 and last time from Cafe Rouge on 1/29/40.
The " 25 Swingin' Hits"clip is from none of these and in my opinion and it
ain't the civilian  (or any other)Miller band.

Al Simmons