[78-L] fwd: 1906 film of a cable car ride

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 22 16:20:10 PDT 2011

 Most of the automobile 'traffic' was provided by a very few cars - they
circled this streetcar over & over again, to make SF appear more 'up to
date'  !

 ps - Most people still aren't smart enough to drive cars, but brakes are so
efficient (not to mention safety features in cars - Ralph Nader's efforts
have saved an awful lot of lives) and LUCK so good that we generally get
away with it.  Buffalo restored 3 traffic circles ("roundabouts", to those
in the know) a few years back -  but had to add STOP signs to every street
leading into the circles, because drivers rammed into each other so
frequently. The concept of yielding just didn't register.