[78-L] DVDs made to order

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 18 07:14:19 PDT 2011

We watched The Group last night. The best I'll say for it is that it was wide
screen and the quality was about what you'd expect from a 1980s VHS tape. The
sound was tolerable to WTF, with too many intrusions of audio compression,
whining audible from certain camera angles (I kid you not), sudden bursts of
distortion or level jumps..oh, I've taken the ^ off because Shirley Knight
plays a 78 in one scene. (A Beethoven String Quartet, possibly.)

I also mentioned the rotten looking graphics on the package. Pretty shoddy for
$17.99.

dl