[78-L] Late cast albums on 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 17 15:19:56 PDT 2011

I see from Kurt's newest auction list that ME AND JULIET was issued on 78s,
Victor OC 1012. I wonder (Jack Raymond, you have the answer?) how many others
they put out in this format? Especially as late as 1953. And how many other
companies still did cast albums at 78RPM..I know of "Kismet" on Columbia and
"Top Banana" on 78.

OC 1012 is merely the LP number minus the L. RCA was putting out EP 45 rpm sets
by this time so you'd think they'd have abandoned the 78 album, and twelve-inch
at that.