[78-L] Buzzer at the beginning

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 17 10:51:44 PDT 2011

Decca used 4 EMI tracks to fill out the disc, on the grounds that they were by
"one or more" Goons. Though claiming Eric Sykes is a bit of a stretch..he wrote
but wasn't a performing Goon (here's where somebody will prove that he might
have filled in on Series XVC Episode 99, rehearsal segment transmitted only to
Basutoland). In any case, it's nice to have these all in one place and without
the horrible phase-reversed fake stereo Decca inflicted on "The World Of The
Goons" on LP, where the only playable cuts were Rhymes and The Raspberry Song.
The buzzer is definitely part of the effects.

What's with these +AD4 and +ACI insertions?

dl