[78-L] Lost Chords, lost and found

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 15 14:44:02 PDT 2011

  As the 2 copies at my local library have been perpetually 'out' every time I look, I bought a copy of LOST CHORDS online.
$11.98 with shipping, like-new condition .... and it was withdrawn from the Evansville IN lyeberry.  No more White Jazz for
those Evansvillians - I checked the website.

 Evansville is probably doing the same as in Buffalo: dumbing-down the collection, pulling books which aren't borrowed very
often & therefore "not popular".  Easy, popular crud I can get from a magazine rack ; to me, a public library's purpose is
to disseminate the more difficult, in-depth, and even arcane information and history.    Instead, my library systems cater
more and more to Mencken's "Boobousie", who avoid education at all costs .