[78-L] records in Houston

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 11:41:36 PDT 2011

Joe and Robert,

Joe, it was the guy you visited near Stafford about a year/18 months
ago.  I'm not sure how I heard about him in the first place.  Craig's List
maybe.  I went there a while after you did and loooked though about half of
them without finding much.  But there was a lot of pre-war 78s and some pop
artists I was unfamilair with.  It sort of nagged at me and I called to see
what he wanted for the whole lot.  The 78s belonged to his aunt in Chicago
and when she died he took them and eventually wound up in Texas.  They were
all in sleeves and well cared for.

I'm glad I bought them.  The ones I didn't look at actually had the better
stuff.  Some Chess and Checker in good shape.  About 20 post -war labels I
didn't know.  A couple of Victor Personal Labels.  Dean Martin on Diamond.
Some post-war jazz and blues.  A lot more pre-war artists for me to learn
about.  I fillled up those 24 milk crates and he gave me those three large
crates he had.

I keep getting calls from that TV show I was on a couple of years ago.
Apparently it was on RFD this weekend because I've gotten three calls today,
but none of which I need to follow up on.