[78-L] fast Beethoven

Gene Baron gene.baron at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:28:29 PST 2011

I agree too on the variability of "correct" tempi for orchestral performance
and the effect of room/acoustics/etc.  Music history books are full of
stories (true or not) about composers such as Wagner, who once (the story
goes) berated a conductor for taking something too slow or too fast only to
have the conductor point out that he was following Wagner's metronome marks
exactly.

Gene
gene.baron at gmail.com