[78-L] Frank Deniz

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 16:05:18 PST 2011

David Lennick wrote:
> Just came across a disc by Frank Deniz & His Spirits of Rhythm. London 188,
> "New Idea" b/w "Spooky Takes a Holiday"..it was probably the latter title that
> intrigued me, since it's obviously "Satan Takes a Holiday" with the title made
> less offensive for sensitive souls. Not unpleasant, not earth shattering, and
> not in Lord although other Deniz recordings with probably this same combo are
> listed.
>
> dl

It's listed in Lord 10.0:

Frank Deniz (British)
[D3100-10]
no details
London ?, 1940's
DR-8841-1    New idea    London (E)188
DR-8843-2    Spooky takes a holiday          -

Not much, I know.

There was a fellow at work who was the nephew of Joe Deniz (and,
presumably, Frank?). There was another fellow whose father played with
Teddy Weatherford in India, but appeared not to have recorded with him.

Sorry about the name-dropping!

      Julian Vein