[78-L] DVD sets

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Mar 5 18:03:03 PST 2011

On 3/5/2011 8:35 PM, Don Chichester wrote:
> In the mid-'50s, usually on a Tuesday after my Reserve Tng let out, I would drive into New York, and park right in front of the Dumont Studios.  Then I'd walk in (no tickets needed) and sat in a folding chair around the perimeter of the Kovacs set.

WOW!!  Joe Franklin used to allow some of us to sit around similarly in
folding chairs during his TV show in the 70s.

>   One night I sat right behind Buster Crabbe.  I serepticiously took photographs one night (no flash, of course).  I don't think any of this would be possible today.
> Don Chichester

Do you still have those pictures?  I'd love to see them.  I once took a
flash shot from the rear of the large CBS radio studio in NYC at the
Robert Q. Lewis Show.  They stopped me but the picture turned out
great.  Showed the whole room.  But I have been looking for that photo
and/or the negative for years.  I remember seeing it about 25 years ago.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com