[78-L] The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Fri Mar 4 17:09:50 PST 2011

--
We ran a "lost sounds"-series on Swedish Radio's daily music news
programme a few years ago. Listeners requested sound (of a gramophone

There are many existing projects, collecting vanishing sounds. BBC World
Service has one, a global sound map:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specialreports/saveoursounds/index.shtml

The British Library actively collects soundscapes (but general online
access to the audio samples is limited):

http://sounds.bl.uk/Browse.aspx?collection=Soundscapes&browseby=Browse+by+Sound+Archive+collection&choice=Preserved+Industry+and+Transport

Kristjan