[78-L] fwd: The Fading Sounds of Analog Technology

N7MW at aol.com N7MW at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 10:06:06 PST 2011

And sometimes the analog technology will refuse to completely go away and
quietly die.  I remember the early digital watches back in the very early
1970's, the ones with the red LED numbers that only showed the time when  you
pushed a button in order that battery life would be preserved.  At that
time I recall an editorial in a electronics trade rag that predicted the total
 obsolescence of analog time pieces in the next few years and the
soon-to-be-anachronistic terms such as 'clockwise' and 'counter-clockwise' (or
'anti-clockwise' to some) and 'clock in', 'clock out', 'quarter past the hour',
etc.  That didn't exactly happen...

Mike in Phoenix (a retired electronics engineer)

In a message dated 3/4/2011 10:53:39 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,