[78-L] Further proof the world has gone mad

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 23 16:23:06 PST 2011

 Prolly too late, as the "Buffalo Beef on Weck" was a staple of the corner
taverns, which are now nearly all gone (so is the last bakery with genuine
Kimmelwick rolls - they get them from Wegmans now).  Current offerings are
by fakes, trying to cash-in on the old time memories.  The whole
corner-tavern/chicken wing/beefonweck/FridayFishFry bit is now an urban
legend, along with the City of Trees/Homes/Churches/Jobs bit.
Post-Industrial Wasteland / Semi-Occupied Ghost-town is the new reality.
I'm giving historical tours at a cemetery and think that's an acceptable
job, ferchryssakes.