[78-L] Dragnet

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 19 19:53:05 PST 2011

On 2/19/2011 10:41 PM, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> From: "David Lennick"<dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>>> BTW -- the set we just bought at HPB is released by Madacy and is a 5
>>> CD set. It has the theme as well as a mix of Badge 714 and Dragnet
>>> openngs
>>>
>> That's the one. Great stuff. There's another series that would benefit
>> from a
>> complete package.
>>
> Given the huge number of "Baby Boomers" who grew up watching "Dragnet"
> weekly...it shouldn't be all that long until "Complete Dragnet" DVD's are
> offered for sale...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

And what a simpler time it was. "Apprehended Joe Gulch attempting to use a
canceled stamp on a post card. Picked him up. You figure it out." "Joe Gulch
was executed on February 5th." "Clank..clank.." Dum--da--dum--dum.

Miklos Rozsa successfully sued over that 4-note motif and his name is now on
record labels along with Walter Schuman's. If you ever watch "The Killers"
you'll know why he won.