[78-L] Bye Bye, Borders

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Feb 19 19:01:12 PST 2011

From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman at yahoo.com>
--- On Fri, 2/18/11, Ron L'Herault <lherault at bu.edu> wrote:
> > Amazon keeps a copy of any book you
> > buy in your account with them so you can
> > always download it again.
>
> Somehow, I'd gain little comfort from that assurance.
>
> 50 years from now, who would be held liable to perform
> on that implicit contract?

My first question is "Can they find and sell me a copy of
Columbia and/or Victor record catalogs from prior to
1912...?!" I know they sell my "Magnum Opus"...my
Record Dating Guide...although it is slightly cheaper to
buy it from Mr. Nauck, who is its current "publisher"...!

My second would be whether buying a copy from one
year will inspire them to offer me other years...?!

Steven C. Barr