[78-L] Bye Bye, Borders

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Feb 18 19:22:52 PST 2011

From: "Bill McClung" <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
> He said he liked holding the records in his hands much more than doing
> downloads.

Point being that a "record"...78, 45 or 33.3...is an actual physical object,
which CANNOT be lost due to a hard-drive crash...! A "download" can
create at best a clickable "icon"...which is far from permanent. I can take
any one of my 67,000 78's (after I FIND the dommed thing...?!) and
"play" it, reproducing the musical content; saved MP3-usw. computer
files have NO physical existence...and canj disappear without a trace
due to "outside" interference...!

I know this all too well....I lost my entire "upgrade the Abrams Files"
digital content due to an idiot "computer fixer"...! I SHOULD have
typed all that content onto paper, using my Underwood #5 machine!

Steven C. Barr