[78-L] I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 09:32:30 PST 2011

I have no memory of this show, but I was only three at
the time (although I do remember the World's Fair).  :-)
I can see why this would appeal to someone like Stan
Laurel.  It's very heavily invested in surrealism.
I watched the pilot on You Tube (apparently posted
because Yvonne Craig had a part) and almost nothing in
the story would happen in real life.  It had flashes
of brilliance along with the usual sitcom dullness.
With a couple more good writers it could have really
been something.

And I could see Laurel and Hardy in some of those
situations, even though Ingels' and Astin's characters
are not direct replacements for L&H's personality types.