[78-L] Vitrolac: the spelling that would not die!

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 17:58:40 PST 2011

 It does not work (for long) on metal ductwork - it will dry-up and fall off; heat makes it brittle enough to be crumbled.
The fact that it isn't fire-proof and produces toxic fumes when burnt doesn't make 'duct tape' popular with building
inspectors. I did use it to seal the foil-faced insulation board I installed OVER some ducts, but that doesn't get warm, so
it's fine.   Great for temporary ghetto-repairs of automobile rust-holes, too. I once thought that if I wrapped enough of it
on a brake hose, I could get a very used van home to be repaired ... umm, no. It was time for Mr.Tow Truck.  haha

 Where's Red Green when we need him?