[78-L] Millionaire's Messiah

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 11 19:39:13 PST 2011

I'm confused..Columbia Opera Set 10 is MANON. Do you have The Messiah
(presumably the 1927 Beecham set) as Op 10? It was an import for many years and
then became US album set M-271. The 1945 Columbia catalog has a hole where Op
10 should be (the list is complete otherwise) but the 1940 catalog has Manon.

Here are the Op sets as listed:

Op 1	CARMEN
Op 2	LA TRAVIATA
Op 3	AIDA
Op 4	MADAME BUTTERFLY
Op 5	LA BOHEME
Op 6	TOSCA
Op 7	CAVALLERIA RUSTICANA
Op 8	IL BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA
Op 9	IL TROVATORE
Op 10	MANON
Op 11	MARINA
Op 12	LOUISE
Op 13	PELLEAS ET MELISANDE
Op 14	L'HEURE ESPAGNOLE
Op 15	PAGLIACCI
Op 16	FALSTAFF
Op 17	MEFISTOFELE
Op 18	RIGOLETTO
Op 19	MIGNON
Op 20	LUCIA DI LAMMERMOOR
Op 21	ANDREA CHENIER
Op 22	PAGLIACCI
Op 23	TRISTAN UND ISOLDE

dl (waiting for the Millionaire Messiah, or somebody like Him)