[78-L] Oversouling

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Wed Feb 9 12:07:17 PST 2011

When you think about it, people like Stevie Wonder, Jackie Wilson, and Sam Cooke were using it years before the current crop. Why weren't they criticized? I think it's because today it's done just for the sake of doing it, not because of any personal expression, style, or feeling. But how are we to know that for sure? For all we know, Aguilera's style might not be so self-conscious and is just a product of the times.

Cary Ginell