[78-L] Oversouling

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 11:43:10 PST 2011

It is.Jackie Wilson was notorius for it.His recording of "To Be Loved" is a good
example.So is Reba
McIntyre whom I can't stand.One who used the "Less Is More" approach was the
late Little Willie
John.I thought he was terrific.It's too bad he died so young.Last I heard,he
died in prison after getting
into a knife fight in a Seattle bar back in late 1965.The last record date he
did for King Records was
the old song "Sleep" from about 1963.