[78-L] Purple People Eater

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Feb 7 10:29:19 PST 2011

I was going by memory (never a good sign) and so I dug it out to find no
"CA" but "A" in the runout, aside from the mx 58 S 77. The flip (mx 59 S
78) also has an "A". The label has "M-G-M Records - a division of Loew's
Incorporated - Made in U.S.A" where "Made In Canada - Quality Records
Ltd." usually is (bottom rim of the label at 6:00).
So it IS a US pressing. The damn thing still jumps a groove near the
beginning when the bass comes in, though.
Mal

*******