[78-L] Amalgamated Broadcasting System

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com
Fri Feb 4 05:54:20 PST 2011

Mike Biel writes about this program at length in The Dissertation -- it's
not aluminum discs at all, it's non-pre-grooved celluloid. The only
celluloid discs I've ever worked on -- a Rudy Vallee remote from 1934 --
have exactly that same type of harsh surface noise, almost like the
grooves were torn by a rough point instead of  being cleanly cut.

Elizabeth