[78-L] Best used turntable types for cleaning?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 3 08:27:53 PST 2011

The Monks turntable runs at around 70RPM. Other cleaning systems are designed
to work on records that lie flat and YOU rotate (or you rotate the brushes, at
least) or on 33RPM turntables, like the old DiscWasher brush & liquid (no good
for 78s). An old 3 speed record player gives you options and the record will
almost overhang the platter except when you're cleaning 45s.

dl