[78-L] Best used turntable types for cleaning?

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Thu Feb 3 08:24:38 PST 2011

Hmmm... just a wild guess here but wouldn't one of the the reasons that
cleaning turntables are expensive be because they're WATERPROOF???
Putting water & soap on a direct drive table doesn't sound like my idea
of fun. But what Jeff says is right - it's torque you need not speed.
How about using an old Rek-O-Kut 16" cutting lathe table running at
33rpm, bearings & gears greased to the max, mounted on a piece of thick
plastic with a belt drive (like a large auto fan belt!) to a motor
that's well away from the action?
Mal

*******