[78-L] acoustic vanity

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 26 08:52:54 PST 2011

There were some systems that used metal or zinc discs, but nothing that
resembled a conventional phonograph record. And the black lacquer
"instantaneous" disc didn't appear until 1934. From the late 20s forward, you
could go to a studio and record your voice, but this was on an uncoated
aluminum disc which was silver in color. And yes, you could have a vanity
record made and pressed, if you had a lotta dough or knew someone who didn't
mind using the company's facilities after hours, nudge nudge wink wink.

dl