[78-L] Acoustic disc playback speed?

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 25 17:11:14 PST 2011

   In instrumentals, I listen for cymbal crashes and wood-blocks;   they should be about the same pitch for all bands &
companies.

  Dubbed Blue Amberols can be any speed, as they frequently fiddled with the disc playback & cylinder recording speeds,
sometimes to fit extra-long disc masters or to "put more pepper" into the Amberol.